
The Card Turner by Louis Sachar is an interesting book about a boy named Alton and his 'favourite' uncle. Ever since Alton could remember, his mother always made him speak to his uncle on the phone and tell him he loved him and he was his favorite uncle, although he only ever met him once. Alton's uncle's health was getting worse leading to him going blind. Alton was asked by his uncle if he could be his card turner at his local bridge club. Alton agreed and the story carries on from there. Also in between the story the writer tries to explain the basic rules of the game bridge.
I really liked this book and would highly recommend it, although it is a book for the older readers other than the younger.
Daria Sassarini
This book sounds Interesting.
ReplyDeleteGeorgina. Clunas
This was a really good and interesting book. I liked it how then author tried to explain the rules of bridge through the book. It also makes you want to read on to find out what happens next.
ReplyDeleteNico Medinelli
This was the best novel I've ever read. I definitely reccomend this book to anyone who likes to read in their spare. Unputdownable.
ReplyDeleteNathan Bonner